Tuesday, February 9, 2010

PhD Update!

Since I've been rambling on through this blog about my anxieties and triumphs in applying for PhD programs, I thought I'd offer a little update...

I've heard back from 3 schools so far: Hopkins, Tulane and Berkley. Some schools do a round of interviews for candidates, some just have you talk with a professor in an informal sort of interview and some do neither. This morning I talked with a woman from Tulane, and this afternoon I have 2 phone interviews with professors from Hopkins. I'm still trying to set up a time to talk with one of the professors from Berkley.

So far it's not been too bad (although who knows what they think!). It's a bit of them sizing you up and a bit of you getting a better sense of the department, which is very helpful. Everyone has been very nice to me so far, for which I am duly grateful. :)

Of the schools I've heard from so far Hopkins is the one I am incredibly excited about. They have an amazing department that focuses specifically on reproductive health (other departments are more generally focused on epidemiology or global health) and they have some amazing projects/opportunities to work abroad.

We'll see how it all turns out....fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment