Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Family Adventure Begins...

In approximately 25 hours I will be IN Dar es Salaam, AT the airport, PICKING UP MY FAMILY!!!

Nick is about to leave Portland and Mary and Russ leave Minneapolis in a few hours and then they will all meet, bleary eyed and having had too much free wine on the flight in Amsterdam tomorrow morning for a flight to Tanzania. And when they get off the plane, I will be there!

This is their first trip to Africa (Nick has been to Morocco) and I am so excited to see them and to get to experience Tanzania with them. I spent the day today cleaning, getting ready and baking (or course. bread, banana bread, cookies anyone?)

Yesterday I had an amazing day visiting a nearby national park with my friend Karen and her mom, who is visiting from Denmark. At one point I saw almost 30 giraffe's together!! (pictures forthcoming).

Did I mention it has been a good week? Really good.

1 comment:

  1. Angie,
    Tell your mom & dad all is well at home. Maggie is doing her thing in the back yard. I think she misses everyone. The yard is ok but will probably need a good cutting by the time your dad gets home. I'd do it for him but I know he would rather do it. Lacey misses Mary. Ally & Kaylee stayed over on Friday and couldn't understand that your mom & dad were in Africa.
    They wanted to visit.
    Hope you're all having fun.
    Send us some pics if you want.
    Steve & Bonnie K

    ReplyDelete